Home > Clients Asked Q&A
ArifMar,02 2017 19:22:30
4 of us are interested to travel from Kazakhstan to Nepal via Tibet in December 2017. We will be driving our own car from UK to Bangladesh. Our plan is to transit through Tibet. Can you advice us the procedure to drive through Tibet and how much it might cost us.
admin03-062017): Dear Arif
Sorry we cannot arrange the overland tour for you if you will come to Tibet there are only two ways.
If you will fly from Mailand China to Lhasa so as you have a US passport you need to apply China visa. For Tibet Travel Permit you only need to send me the photo of your passport and Chinese visa.
If you plan to come to Tibet from Kathmandu,so you don't need to apply for Chinese visa all you need to do is to send me clear photo of your passport main page we will apply for the Tibet travel permit here in Lhasa at the same time we will obtain the Tibet group visa invitation letter (TTB) and send it to our Nepalese agent named Prakash. He will arrange meeting you at your arrival in your hotel in Kathmandu and collect your passport to apply for the Group Visa which is compulsory for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal you will pay for the visa fee and the agent’s service fee to him directly this fee is not included in our tour cost. The embassy accepts cash USD only the money must be clean new USD not torn no scratches old series or ink printed dollars. And you need to also bring some passport-sized photos.
So you will come to Lhasa from where is important and need different documents please let me know your idea. Thank you.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)
Antoni PouxMar,02 2017 09:49:28
My wife and I are traveling to Lhasa this summer arriving in Lhasa June 30th 2017 and leaving July 3rd 2017. We are American citizens. We are planning on only visiting Lhasa and temples in Lhasa. Can you help us in getting two TTP‘s?
admin03-032017): Dear Antoni Poux
Permit information:
Could you please tell me from which city you will fly/take train to Lhasa?
Tibet Travel Permit is very essential and must for foreign travellers travelling to Tibet. The application can be started 2 months before the tour starts and permit can be obtained in 18 days. We will take care of your permit application in Lhasa.
Will need you to send us clear scan copies or photos of passports and Chinese tourist L type visa. If other type of visas need to provide with either work permit or an invitation letter.
Tour information:
According to your requirement we suggest you to join our4 Days Lhasa Highlights Private Tour.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
Marcel BederkeFeb,25 2017 23:54:58
We are a group of 5 including a teenage boy. We plan to visit Tibet this June. Well take the train from Beijing on 10th June and arrive in Lhasa 12th June. We want to see Lhasa and take a tour to the Everest base camp. We have time till 19th of June. If this (7day you) is possible it would be great. If there only is an 8 day tour we probably can figure things out and maybe we can do this as well.
Could you make us an offer please.
Kind regards
admin03-022017): Dear Marcel Bederke
It is very challenging to get the train tickets during high season and the price and service fee is really high. Also train tickets in China start to sell 60 days before the departure date. If you need to book the train tickets through us please confirm as early as possible. But we cannot guarantee you the train tickets until we booked.
If you arrive in Lhasa on June 12th and leave Lhasa on the 19th it’s just fit the 8 Days EBC Exploration.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
Niko BünzelFeb,25 2017 18:25:15
Is it still possible to get a tibet travel permit?
Please let us know as soon as you can.
We are in Shanghai right now.
Thank you
admin03-012017): Dear Niko Bünzel
The Tibet Travel Permits application takes around 10 days start to apply from middle March. So we would suggest you at least enter Tibet from April and later.
So when do you like to start the trip?
Please let me know so that we can give you more information about it.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
see hungFeb,23 2017 18:49:22
Do i need to have the TTP before i board the train or flight to Lhasa. Can you tour help with booking of the train and the flight as well to avoid confusion?
admin02-282017): Dear See Hung
1.Yes you need to have the TTP before entering Lhasa Tibet need original copy (we mail to your last hotel before Lhasa) for taking flight and scanned copy (you print out) for taking the train.
2.Tibet Travel Permit is essential and must for foreign travellers travelling to Tibet. The application can be started 2 months before the tour starts and permit can be obtained in 18 days. We will take care of your permit application in Lhasa.
Will need you to send clear scan copies or photos of passports and Chinese tourist L type visa. If other type of visas need also either work permit or invitation letter.
3.Yes we can help you with booking the domestic train or flight tickets into Lhasa. Could you please tell me from which city and to which city you will depart? And in which month you want to go for this trip?
4.And how many people of you? If you are travelling alone we suggest you check our Tibet Group tours to share the cost and fun with at most 9 other travellers in one group.
5.Or we can also arrange the 10 Days Cultural & Spiritual Odyssey witih private guide/driver/car for you. : )
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
Leonardo NovaisFeb,20 2017 17:31:39
Hi! My wife and I are from Brazil. We are in Australia and New Zealand until June.
We would like to visit Tibet in June and we would like to know if there is enough time. Besides:
1) our Chinese Visa expired in December 2016. Do we need another one ? If so can we obtain it in Australia ?
2) what documents we need to go to Tibet ?
3) we are looking for a 6-8 day group excursion for cultural and spiritual experience. Which one do you recommend ?
Thank you
Leonardo Novais
admin02-242017): Dear Leonardo Novais
Permit information: We also need your passport and China visa copy for the permit application. Please send me clear photos or scan copies. If your China Visa is not an "L” visa then you must also provide additional documents such as student certificates work permits residence permits and so on. It will takes at least 18 days to work on the Tibet Travel Permits
for you. As your visa is expired in December so you need to extant or apply a new one. Yes we think you can obtain it in Australia of Chinese embassy but you need to consult with them.
Besides as you will take plane to Lhasa you will need to give us your address in mailand China before flying to Lhasa so that when your permit is issued we will mail it to your hotel which usually takes 3 days with the permit you can board the plane to Lhasa. Thank you.
If you time is allowed then we recommend that you can join our 8 Days EBC Exploration Group Tour this Tibet tour is one of the most popular adventure tours in the world as its visitors cross the mighty Himalayas and view the panorama of the world’s highest peaks but if your time is not enough so we recommend that you also can join our 6 Days Cultural Experiences Group Tour it is also one classic itinerary.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>


ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa), +124 0778 0765(USA)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour DMCA.com Protection Status